There are many different types of bathtub drain stoppers that are available for purchase, and the price range can vary depending on the type of stopper that you select. Some of the more common types of stoppers that are available for purchase include suction cups, rubber plugs, and metal plugs. These stoppers typically range in price from around $5 to $15, and they can be found at most hardware stores or online retailers. With so many products on the market, we’ve picked the top one’s for you.
Best Bathtub Drain Stoppers under $15
- TOUCH-TOE STYLE TUB DRAIN STOPPER: The bathtub stopper is a foot actuated stopper for easy opening and closing of the drain; push tub stopper to close and push again to open
- PREVENTS CLOG DRAINS: Placing a stopper in your bathtub drain will help keep the drain free from unwanted debris and clogs from foreign objects
- DIMENSIONS: 2 in. Diameter to accommodate most standard bathtub drains
- DURABILITY: The plastic construction provides long-lasting drain protection and will not rust
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: No tools required for easy installation
- The product is CHR 4-7/8"PopUp Stopper
- Easy and simple use kit
- The product is manufactured in China
- Chrome plated
- Lavatory pop up stopper
- Seals drain to fill tub with water
- Suction cup secures Stopper to tub floor
- Suction cup can be used to store stopper when not in use
- BPA freep; Phthalate and PVC free
- Lift and twist the stopper knob to let water drain, or twist and push down to restrict
- 1-1/4 in. NPSM (Also called 1-3/8 in. NPSM) which measures 1-5/8 in. OD with a thread pitch of 16 threads per inch (1-5/8-16 UNC-2A)
- Fits fine thread tub drain shoe, or match with adapter bushing to fit coarse thread tub drain shoe (not included - consider Westbrass 792BB)
- Classic and versatile polished chrome finish for lasting durability
- Brass and heavy-duty metal construction
- Sturdy silicone construction effectively seals drains for baths
- Built-in suction secures Stopper to the tub floor
- Suction cup hangs Stopper from the wall when not in use
- Sleek stainless steel accent resists rust
- Effectively seals drain to fill tub with water
- Package includes: you will receive 2 pieces bathtub overflow drain covers, sufficient quantity for you to meet you daily usages or replacements, also well packed for avoiding being worn by the external force during transportation
- Quick and easy to use: firstly, simply wet the suction cup of the tub overflow stopper, place it over your bath’s overflow drain, and then press each small suction cup against the tub in order to make it sealed, easy for you to install and make sure that your bath water won’t drain out slowly later
- Size information: each bathtub overflow drain cover stopper measures approx. 15.5 cm/ 6.1 inch in diameter and approx. 5 cm/ 2 inch in depth, fits for most types of bathtubs, also portable for you to carry and store due to small size, would not take up too much space
- Reliable material: the bathtub overflow drain cover is made of quality PVC material that can create a strong seal against the tub, non-toxic, lightweight but sturdy, not easy to fall, also its sides and edges touch smoothly, safe for you to use when you have a bath in the tub
- Reasonable design: each tub overflow stopper is designed with 12 pieces small suction cups that can provide a safe grip, and has a hole on its top in order to prevent the water flowing from the bathtub, ensuring the right amount of water, which is delicate and practical
- TRULY UNIVERSAL - Works on all bathtub drains, including overflow drains!
- COVERS BUILT-IN STOPPERS - Designed to work over raised built-in tub stoppers that no longer hold a seal.
- SUCTION CUP - Holds the cover in place while the tub is filling.
- PREMIUM SILICONE - Durable and heat-resistant, silicone is used in many kitchen products, so it's easy to clean and free from harmful chemicals often found in plastics such as PVC and vinyl.
- QUALITY PACKAGING - Comes in an attractive giftable white box for a perfect present.
- BATHTIME JUST GOT MORE COLORFUL! The cute, beautiful, original sea life illustration on the bathtub stopper, will help turn bath-time into a more fun, colorful, and enjoyable experience!
- OUTSTANDING QUALITY: Made with top quality, strong, and super durable materials. The weight of the water above the stopper secures it completely to the drain, and creates a 100% solid, tight seal. And being that there’s no water under the stopper (because there’s a drain there), there’s no counterforce pushing it away. MAGIC!!
- SAFE & SOFT: This bathtub drain cover is made from 100% food grade silicone, and is BPA free. Our bath tub drain plug is soft and flexible. This tub drain stopper comes with a SUCTION CUP to secure the stopper to the floor of your bathtub, or to suction on the bath wall when not in use.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: This drain stopper has a 5.25 inch diameter (6.25 inches with the tab), and works for all types of drains, from your bathtub to the kitchen sink, to the sink in your laundry room, etc.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: No Questions Asked Return Policy.
- Unlike mushroom-shaped plugs that go inside the drain, TubRing fits around a pop-up stopper, neatly collecting hair around it. When it's time to cleanup, simply pick up hair with a toilet tissue. We recommend that you download our user manual from the technical specification section down below and read it thoroughly before placing an order.
- TubRing allows you to keep your pop-up stopper. It fits most standard pop-up drain stoppers such as Push-and-Pull, Lift-and-Lock, and Toe-Touch pop-up stoppers with a snug fit.
- A single plumber visit can cost hundreds to get a drain snaked professionally. Liquid drain cleaner is not a solution either. TubRing is guaranteed to catch every hair and save hundreds of hard-earned dollars for you.
- TubRing is easy to clean & maintain, and it stays clean and dry after each shower. Stop dealing with tangled messes and icky gunk that gather inside the drain.
- TubRing fits US standard bathtub pop-up drain stopper with a top cap sized between 1.85" and 2.16" in diameter. Customers are advised to check the top cap size of their stoppers before placing an order.
- Get A Deeper Soak - Enjoy a deeper soak in your bathtub by adding up to 3-4 more inches of water in your tub.
- How It Works - Apply the cover around the overflow drain and push the suction cups down securely. Make sure they are suctioned down all the way. Leave the open end on the top side so no water will fill over that. You should now have an extra 3-4 inches in your tub!
- No Overflowing of Water - The opening on the top will prevent your tub from going over the edge by water pouring into the overflow, thus, keeping your floor dry.
- Replacement part
- Stopper assembly
- For use with the M953450-002AS metal drain
- Plastic body with metal cap
- Polished brass finish
- Mine your bath with the bomb stopper and having a bath will be a blast
- Don't worry, this bathtub stopper won't really detonate, but it will keep your water from diffusing down the drain before you're ready
- Fits most bathtub drains
- Includes a 19.9 in. Chain
- Fun for anyone bath
- DUAL-PURPOSE DRAIN STOP & HAIR CATCHER: Press Flex?s center button to allow water flow and use as a hair catcher, push the upturned edges to snap the valve shut and use as a drain stopper
- SAY GOODBYE TO THAT CRUMBLING, OLD TUB STOPPER: Made of a flexible, durable and water-resistant silicone material, Flex has a sleek and durable design and will not rust
- EASY TO SET UP & MAINTAIN: Flex is effortless to install in any bathtub; simply place over your bathtub?s drain and you are set; fits most standard tub and shower drains; simply wipe or rinse with mild soap to clean
- DESIGNED BY ALAN WISNIEWSKI AND ANTHONY KEELER FOR UMBRA: This high-functioning bathtub drain measures 3 « inches in diameter and is 1 ¬ inches in height
- Design: Alan Wisniewski and Anthony Keeler
- Deeper bathing: Simply put the overflow drain cover on the overflow pipe of the bathtub to effectively add more water to the bathtub, so that you can enjoy your deep bathing more comfortably, and prevent the bathtub from overflowing. Make sure that the excess water is drained properly.
- Silicone material: Our tub overflow drain cover is made of high-quality food-grade silicone, which is a very soft, more malleable plastic and does not contain PVC and vinyl.
- Easy to clean: tub stopper just rinse and air dry, or throw in the dishwasher (top rack) for a deeper clean.
- Easy to use: Each bathtub drain cover is designed with 12 small dishes. They are easy to use. Just dip the small suction cups in water and press each suction cup on the bathtub. It is not suitable for textured bathtubs.
- Package includes: you will receive 2 pieces bathtub overflow drain cover, sufficient quantity for you to meet you daily usages or replacements, also well packed for avoiding being worn by the external force during transportation
- 1 1/2-Inch tip toe style waste ell assembly
- Plastic PVC construction
- Chrome plated trim
- Tip toe style drain
- Waste ell and drain only
Best Bathtub Drain Stoppers under $15 Buying Guides
Drain Stoppers Under $15
There are a few different types of bathtub drain stoppers that are under $15, but the most common type is the plunger. To use a plunger, first make sure that the drain is clear of any hair or debris. Next, place the plunger over the drain and push and pull the plunger up and down. Doing this will create a suction that will help to break up the clog. If the clog is still not clearing, you can try using a drain snake. A drain snake is a long, flexible piece of metal that you insert into the drain to help break up the clog.
Types of Drain Stoppers
There are four types of bathtub drain stoppers under $15:
1. The suction cup type: this type of stopper uses a suction cup to attach to the drain.
2. The plastic ring type: this type of stopper has a plastic ring that sits on top of the drain.
3. The rubber cup type: this type of stopper has a rubber cup that sits on top of the drain.
4. The metal disk type: this type of stopper has a metal disk that sits on top of the drain.
How to Use a Drain Stopper
There are a few different types of bathtub drain stoppers, but they all work in basically the same way. To use a stopper, simply insert it into the drain and press down. The pressure will hold the stopper in place and prevent water from flowing out. To remove the stopper, simply lift it up and out of the drain.
Pros and Cons of Drain Stoppers
There are a few different types of bathtub drain stoppers, each with their own set of pros and cons.
The first type is the suction cup stopper. These are very affordable and easy to install, but they can be difficult to remove and are not always reliable.
The second type is the plunger stopper. These are more expensive but are much easier to remove and tend to be more reliable.
The third type is the drain snake. These are the most expensive but are also the most effective. They are also the most difficult to install.
Best Drain Stoppers for Bathtubs
There are a few different types of bathtub drain stoppers that are available for under $15. The most common type is the plunger type stopper, which is simply a rubber suction cup that is placed over the drain. This type of stopper is best for bathtubs that are not frequently used, as the suction cup can dry out and lose its grip over time. Another type of bathtub drain stopper is the basket strainer, which is a metal basket that fits over the drain and catches hair and other debris. This type of stopper is best for bathtubs that are used more frequently, as the basket can be easily emptied and cleaned.
How to Install a Drain Stopper
The first step is to identify the type of drain stopper you need. There are two common types of bathtub drain stoppers: the toe-touch stopper and the lift-and-turn stopper. Toe-touch stoppers are activated by pressing a button on the top of the stopper with your toe. Lift-and-turn stoppers are activated by lifting up on the stopper and then turning it to the left or right.
If you are not sure which type of stopper you need, you can remove the old stopper and take it with you to the store to compare.
Once you have the new stopper, the next step is to remove the old stopper. To do this, first remove the cover plate from the drain. This will expose the screws that hold the stopper in place. Unscrew these screws and remove the stopper.
With the old stopper removed, clean the area around the drain. This will help ensure that the new stopper will seal properly.
Next, place the new stopper in the drain and screw it in place. Be sure to not overtighten the screws, as this can damage the drain.
Finally, replace the cover plate and test the stopper to make sure it is working properly.
How to Remove a Drain Stopper
To remove a bathtub drain stopper under $15, follow these steps:
1. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the stopper in place.
2. Lift the stopper out of the drain.
3. Use a wire brush to clean off any debris or gunk that may be on the stopper.
4. Rinse the stopper off with water and reinsert it into the drain.
5. Screw the stopper back into place.
FAQs About Drain Stoppers
What are some good stoppers for bathtub drains under $15
There are a few different types of bathtub drain stoppers that are available for under $15. Some of the most popular types include the suction cup stopper, the plug stopper, and the drain cover. Each type of stopper has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to choose the one that best suits your needs.
The suction cup stopper is one of the most popular types of bathtub drain stoppers. It is easy to use and can be removed easily when you need to drain the tub. However, it is important to note that the suction cup can become loose over time and may need to be replaced.
The plug stopper is another popular type of bathtub drain stopper. It is more permanent than the suction cup stopper and will not come loose. However, it can be more difficult to remove when you need to drain the tub.
The drain cover is the most permanent type of bathtub drain stopper. It is placed over the drain and will not come off unless you remove it. However, it can be more difficult to install and may require the help of a professional.
Best Bathtub Drain Stoppers under $15 Resources