Air fryers have become increasingly popular in recent years as a healthy way to fry and cook foods using little to no oil. The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 is one of the top models on the market and allows you to cook a variety of dishes, including juicy and flavorful chicken thighs. Chicken thighs are an excellent choice to make in the airfryer as they stay moist and tender while getting perfectly crisp skin on the outside.
Benefits of cooking chicken thighs in an airfryer
There are several benefits to cooking chicken thighs in an Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360:
- Uses little to no oil – Air fryers use rapid air circulation technology to crisp up food with very little oil needed. This removes the unhealthy fats and calories from deep frying.
- Makes chicken thighs juicy and moist – The hot air quickly seals in moisture and juices. Chicken thighs cooked in an airfryer stay very moist and tender.
- Gets skin perfectly crispy – The Power AirFryer circulates air around all sides of the chicken thighs, ensuring the skin gets evenly crispy and crunchy.
- Infuses flavors – Spices and aromatics easily adhere to the chicken skin and get dispersed throughout the meat during airfrying.
- Convenient and easy cleanup – Airfryers are very convenient kitchen appliances. The nonstick basket cleans up easily after use.
- Healthier than traditional frying – Using an airfryer significantly reduces the fat and calories compared to deep frying chicken thighs.
As you can see, the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 is an excellent way to enjoy deliciously crispy and moist chicken thighs in a healthier manner. Now let’s get into how to actually cook chicken thighs step-by-step in the airfryer.
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
The main ingredients needed are 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs along with some basic seasonings like olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. You can easily modify the spices to suit your taste preferences. Bone-in, skin-on thighs work excellently in an airfryer as the bones help keep the meat moist and the skin gets perfectly crispy.
Prep the chicken thighs
Start by trimming any excess fat or skin from the chicken thighs so that it cooks evenly. Pat the thighs dry thoroughly with paper towels. Place the chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over top and use your hands or tongs to coat the thighs evenly with the oil. This helps the seasoning stick better.
Next, sprinkle the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme over the oiled chicken thighs. Toss and rub the spices all over the thighs until they are evenly coated on all sides. The olive oil and spice rub will give great flavor while also promoting browning and crisping of the skin during cooking.
Airfry the chicken thighs
Once your chicken thighs are prepped with oil and seasonings, you are ready to start cooking:
- Preheat your Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 to 390°F.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the airfryer basket. Try not to overcrowd them. Work in batches if needed.
- Airfry for 15 minutes at 390°F. After 15 minutes, flip the chicken thighs over so the skin side is now facing up.
- Airfry for another 8-12 minutes until the thighs reach an internal temperature of 165°F. The skin should be crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the airfryer and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
The initial 390°F high heat helps render fat under the skin and makes it super crispy. Flipping halfway through ensures even browning and cooking. Airfrying at a high temp gives chicken thighs an amazingly crispy skin outside while keeping the meat incredibly juicy inside.
The exact airfry time can vary a bit based on the size of your thighs. A food thermometer is highly recommended so you can accurately check when the thighs reach a safe 165°F internal temperature. Letting them rest after airfrying allows the juices to redistribute evenly.
Tips and suggestions
– Brine the chicken thighs in saltwater first for extra moist, seasoned meat.
– Use boneless, skinless thighs for lower fat and calories. The cooking time will be a bit less.
– Coat thighs in breadcrumbs or panko before airfrying for extra crunch.
– Airfry skinless thighs and serve with your favorite sauce on top.
– Try using different spice rubs like jerk, lemon pepper, Italian, etc.
– For perfect doneness, brine thick thighs for 1 hour before cooking.
– Add veggies tossed in oil to the basket for easy side dishes.
– Airfry thawed frozen thighs straight from the freezer.
– Use cooking spray on the basket if thighs start to stick during cooking.
Serving and pairing ideas
Airfryer chicken thighs make for a quick and easy dinner or lunch. Here are some delicious ways to serve and pair them:
- Serve thighs with roasted potatoes or french fries for an easy meal.
- Toss airfried thighs in your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Pair thighs with rice and roasted vegetables.
- Make chicken sandwiches on buns with mayo, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Chop up thighs and add to salads, wraps, or tacos.
- Serve thighs with a side of airfryer brussels sprouts.
- Top thighs with fresh chimichurri or pesto sauce.
- Enjoy thighs with a side of creamy coleslaw.
Your crispy airfried chicken thighs also work great in a variety of recipes. Use them in soups, casseroles, pastas, sandwiches, salads, and more. The options are endless!
Cooking juicy, crispy chicken thighs in the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 is quick and easy. By following the recipe steps above, you end up with perfectly cooked chicken thighs with tender, moist meat and ultra crispy skin in less time compared to baking or frying. Feel free to get creative with different seasonings and serving ideas too. Airfried chicken thighs make for a delicious anytime meal. Enjoy!