A bowl of PF Chang’s crispy honey shrimp contains approximately 1,500 calories. The exact calorie count can vary depending on the size of the bowl and any modifications made to the dish. A typical bowl with crispy honey shrimp, broccoli, rice, and sauce contains around 1,500 calories.
Calories in PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp
PF Chang’s crispy honey shrimp is a popular appetizer and meal choice at the Asian-inspired restaurant chain. The crispy shrimp is tossed in a sweet and slightly spicy honey sauce. It is usually served with a side of steamed rice and broccoli.
According to the PF Chang’s nutrition information guide, a full order of crispy honey shrimp contains the following calorie counts:
|Crispy Honey Shrimp||790 calories|
|Steamed Rice||230 calories|
|Steamed Broccoli||45 calories|
|Sweet Chili Sauce||60 calories|
|Plum Sauce||40 calories|
|Total Calories||1,165 calories|
So a full order of crispy honey shrimp with steamed rice, broccoli, and the sauces totals around 1,165 calories.
However, this is based on the standard order size provided by PF Chang’s. Bowls can sometimes contain larger portion sizes, which would increase the calorie count.
If we estimate a bowl may contain 1.5 times the amount of a standard order, the calorie counts would be:
|Crispy Honey Shrimp||1,185 calories|
|Steamed Rice||345 calories|
|Steamed Broccoli||68 calories|
|Sweet Chili Sauce||90 calories|
|Plum Sauce||60 calories|
|Total Calories||1,748 calories|
For a bowl containing approximately 1.5 times a standard order, the total calorie count would be around 1,750 calories.
Factors Affecting Calories in Crispy Honey Shrimp
Several factors can cause the calorie count of PF Chang’s crispy honey shrimp to vary:
– Bowl size – Larger bowls contain more shrimp and rice, increasing calories.
– Added sauces – Extra sauce, especially the high-sugar plum sauce, can add calories.
– Fried rice vs. steamed rice – Fried rice contains more oil and calories than steamed.
– Protein modifications – Substituting or adding chicken, beef, or tofu will change calories.
– Vegetable modifications – Adding higher-calorie veggies like baby corn will increase calories.
– Appetizer vs. entree – Appetizer portions contain fewer calories than larger entree portions.
So when calculating the calories in a crispy honey shrimp bowl, be sure to account for any customizations or substitutions made to the standard dish. This can significantly alter the nutrition facts and calorie count.
Nutrition Facts for PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp
Beyond just calories, here are some other key nutrition facts for PF Chang’s crispy honey shrimp:
As you can see, crispy honey shrimp is high in calories, fat, sodium, and carbohydrates. This is expected given the fried shrimp, white rice, sauce, and lack of vegetables in a typical order.
Some key points:
– High in fat and saturated fat from frying the shrimp in oil.
– Very high in sodium from soy sauce, fried foods, and dipping sauces. A full day’s worth of sodium in one bowl.
– Heavy on refined carbs from white rice and sugary sauces. Low in fiber.
– Moderate protein from the shrimp.
So while crispy honey shrimp tastes delicious, it is best enjoyed occasionally as the nutritional value is not that great. Be mindful of portion sizes as the calories and sodium quickly add up.
Tips for Lightening Up Crispy Honey Shrimp
If you want to enjoy crispy honey shrimp but make it a bit healthier, consider these meal modifications:
– Choose steamed rice instead of fried rice. Saves about 200 calories and 14g fat per serving.
– Opt for brown rice or quinoa instead of white rice for more fiber.
– Load up on veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers to reduce calories and increase nutrients.
– Ask for light sauce or get it on the side to control calories and sodium.
– Split the dish in half and take leftovers home. Saves excess calories.
– Substitute a veggie like tofu or steamed chicken breast for some of the fried shrimp.
– Enjoy a lunch portion or appetizer size instead of a large dinner entree.
With a few simple tweaks, you can still enjoy the signature flavors of PF Chang’s crispy honey shrimp while keeping your meal a bit more diet-friendly. Moderating portions and opting for lighter preparations can help with weight loss goals.
Healthier PF Chang’s Menu Options
If you are looking for healthier alternatives to crispy honey shrimp at PF Chang’s, consider these low calorie menu items:
Starters and Soups
– Hot and Sour Soup – 80 calories per cup
– Vegetable Spring Rolls – 80 calories for 2 rolls
– Chicken Lettuce Wraps – 45 calories per wrap
– Steamed Edamame – 150 calories per serving
– Buddha Feast – 480 calories
– Spicy Tofu and Veggies – 510 calories
– Garlic Black Bean Chicken – 520 calories
– Salmon Asparagus – 280 calories
– Kung Pao Chicken – 630 calories
– Brown Rice – 220 calories per cup
– Mixed Vegetables – 60 calories
– Steamed Broccoli – 45 calories
– Fresh Fruit – 80 calories
– Sorbet – 140 calories
Sticking with plant-based appetizers, lighter protein entrees, and swapping out refined carbs for vegetables and brown rice can really boost the nutrition in your PF Chang’s meal. With a few simple substitutions, you can easily cut several hundred calories from your dish.
A full bowl of PF Chang’s crispy honey shrimp likely contains around 1,500 calories, depending on the exact portion size and additions. While delicious, it is a high calorie, high sodium dish. If watching your weight, be mindful of portion sizes. Consider lighter preparation methods, increasing vegetables, and limiting high-calorie sauces and fried ingredients. With a few adjustments, you can still enjoy the flavors of this PF Chang’s classic while maintaining a healthier diet.