The Taurus zodiac sign is associated with being reliable, patient, practical and devoted. Taureans value stability and security in their lives. They are known for being determined, loyal and hardworking. So who are the most influential and powerful Taureans who “rule” in their respective fields?
Influential Taureans in Politics and Activism
Many impactful political leaders and activists have been born under the sign of Taurus. Here are some of the most notable:
- Karl Marx (May 5) – German philosopher, economist, historian and revolutionary socialist. His ideas played a significant role in shaping communism.
- Harry S. Truman (May 8) – The 33rd U.S. president who authorized the use of nuclear weapons against Japan, ending World War II.
- Queen Elizabeth II (April 21) – Queen of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth realms. She is the longest-reigning British monarch.
- Malcolm X (May 19) – Influential civil rights activist who advocated for black empowerment and the promotion of Islam.
- Yasser Arafat (August 24) – Palestinian leader who was Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1994.
These Taurus leaders left an indelible mark on history through their strong leadership and determination to fight for their ideals and beliefs despite obstacles.
Queen Elizabeth II
As the longest reigning British monarch, Queen Elizabeth II is one of the most established Taurean rulers. She took the throne in 1952 at just 25 years old and adapted to enormous political and social changes over her 70 years as Queen. She provided steady leadership as the monarchy transitioned to a more symbolic role. She built strong relations with over a dozen Prime Ministers during her reign. Her Diamond Jubilee in 2012 demonstrated the widespread respect and goodwill that she built over decades of service.
Influential Taureans in Business
The patient, grounded, and loyal nature of Taureans also lends itself well to the business world. Here are some notable examples of Taurus business leaders:
- John D. Rockefeller (May 18) – A Gilded Age tycoon who became America’s first billionaire. He co-founded the Standard Oil Company which dominated the oil industry.
- Jack Ma (September 10) – Chinese entrepreneur who founded Alibaba Group, one of the world’s largest e-commerce businesses.
- Rupert Murdoch (March 11) – Australian-American media mogul who built News Corp into a multibillion-dollar news and entertainment giant.
- Henry Ford (July 30) – Pioneering industrialist who led the Ford Motor Company. He introduced revolutionary assembly line techniques.
- J.P. Morgan (April 17) – Influential financier who dominated corporate finance and industrial consolidation in the late 19th/early 20th centuries.
These business leaders leveraged typical Taurean traits like determination, reliability and patience to build highly successful companies and amass huge wealth.
As founder of multibillion dollar e-commerce company Alibaba Group, Jack Ma exemplifies the Taurean potential for building and leading large organizations. He worked patiently for years as an English teacher while building Alibaba into a web portal for Chinese manufacturers. With a net worth over $40 billion, he is the wealthiest man in China. He’s demonstrated a long-term outlook in growing Alibaba sustainably over two decades. Like a true Taurus, he has prioritized stability – gradually transitioning out of the CEO role since 2013 while remaining as executive chairman.
Influential Taureans in the Arts
The arts provide another sphere where influential Taureans have made their mark. Some notable examples include:
- William Shakespeare (exact date unknown, April 23 or 26) – Widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language. His works remain highly influential around the world.
- James Monroe (April 28) – 5th U.S. President who issued the Monroe Doctrine opposing European colonialism in the Americas.
- Harper Lee (April 28) – Author of the acclaimed novel To Kill a Mockingbird which won her a Pulitzer Prize.
- Jessica Alba (April 28) – Golden Globe-nominated actress known for films like Fantastic Four, Sin City and LA’s Finest.
- Penélope Cruz (April 28) – Academy Award-winning Spanish actress known for films like Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Volver.
In the arts and humanities, Taureans have made massive cultural contributions through their creative talents. Their penchant for hard work has driven them to hone their craft.
As one of the most legendary writers in history, William Shakespeare represents the immense creative potential of Taureans. His ingenuity and prolific output resulted in timeless stories and characters. He wrote an estimated 38 plays and over 150 poems during his lifetime. His writings introduced hundreds of words and phrases into the English language. Few individuals have exercised such lasting influence on literature, culture and art.
Influential Taureans in Sports
The athleticism, determination and work ethic of Taurus energy can also translate into sports success. Here are some top Taurean athletes:
- David Beckham (May 2) – World-famous English soccer player, known for his free kick abilities and crossing. He was one of the most recognizable athletes of his generation.
- Andre Agassi (April 29) – American tennis legend who won 8 Grand Slam singles titles and an Olympic gold medal.
- Tony Parker (May 17) – French NBA star who was a 4-time champion and Finals MVP with the San Antonio Spurs.
- Dwyane Wade (January 17) – 3-time NBA champion and Finals MVP who spent most of his career with the Miami Heat.
- Alexis Sánchez (December 19) – Chilean soccer star who has played for clubs like Barcelona, Arsenal and Manchester United.
These Taurus sports stars blended talent with determination and diligence to reach the pinnacle of their sports. They achieved greatness through their physicality and competitive drive.
Former English soccer superstar David Beckham demonstrates the mix of skill and work ethic that Taureans can bring in sports. He trained tirelessly at free kicks to become one of the best set piece specialists ever. His crossing ability set up countless goals over his 20-year career. He maintained a top level career through dedication to training. Although not the flashiest player, he proved effective and reliable on the pitch. His looks and iconic branding also made him one of the most famous athletes of his time.
Influential Taureans in Other Fields
Beyond the realms of politics, business, arts and sports, Taureans have impacted many other areas as well. Here are some examples:
- Sigmund Freud (May 6) – Austrian neurologist who founded psychoanalysis, bringing concepts like the unconscious mind and id/ego/superego into popular understanding.
- David Hume (April 26) – Influential Scottish Enlightenment philosopher, economist and historian.
- Immanuel Kant (April 22) – Highly influential German philosopher whose work synthesize rationalism and empiricism.
- Edward Jenner (May 17) – Pioneering English physician who created the first smallpox vaccine. Known as the “father of immunology”.
- Golda Meir (May 3) – Israel’s first and only woman Prime Minister, serving from 1969 to 1974.
From philosophy to medicine to leadership, Taurus energy has been channeled constructively to advance knowledge and make progress across many domains.
As the founder of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud profoundly shaped our understanding of the human psyche. His insights into the unconscious, repression, the ego/id and psychosexual development opened up entire new fields of psychology. He wrote extensively despite opposition. His steadfastness and patience in researching and promoting his theories demonstrate classic Taurean determination.
Common Traits of Influential Taureans
After examining some of the most impactful Taureans throughout history, we can identify some shared characteristics that allowed them to “rule” in their respective domains:
- Patience – The ability to steadily work towards goals over a long period of time.
- Determination – The willpower to overcome obstacles and persist despite hardships or criticism.
- Reliability – Consistency in producing results through a tireless work ethic.
- Loyalty – Commitment to people, companies or causes over the long haul.
- Stable Leadership – Providing grounded leadership and direction amid upheaval.
Leveraging these traits allows Taureans to build successful careers, companies, movements and legacies that stand the test of time.
|Queen Elizabeth II||Stable leadership, reliability, patience|
|David Beckham||Determination, loyalty, patience|
|Jack Ma||Determination, patience, stable leadership|
In conclusion, while Taureans may not be flashy or seek the limelight, they possess a quiet strength and resolve that has empowered them to profoundly shape society. With their characteristic grit, dedication and perseverance, they have spearheaded political movements, built business empires, created legendary works of art, achieved athletic greatness and advanced human knowledge across many disciplines. For their tremendous contributions that stand the test of time, we can say that influential Taureans certainly do “rule” in their respective domains.